Killed in action, the body of Sergeant First Class John C. Beale was returned to Falcon Field in Peachtree City, Georgia (just south of Atlanta) on June 11, 2009. The Henry County Police Department escorted the procession to the funeral home in McDonough, Georgia. A distance of 12 miles.
A simple notice in local papers indicated the road route to be taken and the approximate time. Nowadays one can be led to believe that America no longer respects and no longer honors sacrifice outside the military. Be it known that there are many places in this land where people still recognize the courage and
impact of total self-sacrifice. Georgia remains one of those graceful places.
The link below is a travelogue of that day’s remarkable and painful journey. Make sure you turn your speakers up.
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!
I love You Tube. Love. I could watch funny videos all day long. The hard part is finding the funny ones among all the shitty ones. Here are a few cute animal ones I have come across. Enjoy!
And of course, can’t leave out the Westies!!!
Is there a better place to become an American citizen? I think not!! Happy 4th of July everyone!
FOR DISNEY GIRLS ONLY
So, you’re a Disney fan, a true believer, a Disneyophile extraordianire. You’re also single, female, and looking. If you’re shopping for a mate, girls, you have to be certain of one thing: your guy’s got to be Disney compatible. He needs to match your DQ (Disney Quotient) if you want to find magic in pairs. But, you ask, how can I be sure? Before you say “I do”, check out these ten warning signs to see if you’ve found Prince Charming or just another frog.
- He calls Winnie the Pooh “Winnie”. No, no, no. Pooh is acceptable, but Winnie, never.
- He changes his favorites with every new movie. Yes, favorite songs, characters, and films can change over time, but beware the guy whose best picture is always the latest picture. You want your man to be steady as the beating drum, so avoid this fickle type.
- He won’t go on the “kiddie rides” with you at the Disney parks. What’s the point? This one should seek help for the fun-challenged.
- He thinks Bugs Bunny is a Disney character.
- He can’t tell Chip from Dale or Disneyland from Walt Disney World. And if he ever says “What difference does it make”, run, don’t walk away!
- When watching a new Disney movie for the first time, he leaves before the credits are finished. ‘Nuff said.
- He can’t figure out why you have three Peter Pan snowglobes. Oy! Collecting is part of the Disney experience. If he doesn’t get it, he’ll probably buy you a diamond bracelet for your anniversary, when you really wanted that Pumbaa plush toy.
- He prefers any remake to the original film. Face it, Disney gal, he’s not for you.
- You say “Hercules”, he thinks “Kevin Sorbo.”
- He wears a Goofy shirt with a Donald tie. Okay, this fellah’s not entirely hopeless, Dearie, just a fashion faux pas. Work with him.
Will you live happily ever after? Now you’ve got the tools to find out. Just test your potential mate with these ten criteria, & you’ll soon know if he’s the one, the lucky guy you’re going to marry. What do you do if you didn’t pass all ten points? Don’t despair, there’re plenty of men out there who’ll match you perfectly.